The perfect summer salad served with barbecued protein! This watermelon and feta salad recipe is healthy and delicious!
- 750g piece watermelon, peeled, deseeded
- ½ cup toasted pistachio or pine nuts
- 200g Greek-style feta
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, large leaves torn
- 1 large handful of rocket leaves, torn
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Use a sharp knife to cut the watermelon crossways into 5mm-thick slices. Cut each slice into 3cm-wide (base measurement) wedges. Place in a large bowl and set aside until required.
Meanwhile, to make the lemon dressing, use a fork to whisk together the oil and lemon juice in a small bowl until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Cut the feta in half horizontally. Cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices. Add to the watermelon.
To serve, add the toasted nuts, parsley, mint and rocket to the bowl of watermelon and feta. Drizzle with the lemon dressing and gently toss until well coated. Divide the salad evenly among serving plates and serve immediately.
_ _ _