These fresh vegetarian rice paper rolls with home-made tamari dipping sauce are fresh, healthy and delicious.
SERVES – 2/3
- ½ pack of cooked vermicelli noodles
- 150 g shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 finely grated carrot
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 finely chopped spring onions
- Roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 packet rice paper sheets
- 60 ml salt reduced tamari soy sauce
- 60 ml tahini sesame paste
- 60 ml honey
- Handful roasted cashews chopped
- warm water to mix
Lay out ingredients in a separate bowl so it is quick and easy to assemble rolls.
Fill a bowl of hot water next to you so you can dip the rice paper. Dip a rice sheet briefly in the water then lay it on your clean working surface. Repeat a few more times you have about 3 rice paper sheets in front of you.
In the centre of each sheet, place a small amount of the vermicelli noodles topped with a small amount of each salad ingredients.
Pick up the edge closest to you, fold the bottom edge of the rice sheet tightly over the mixture. Fold in the left and right sides and complete the roll. Repeat with the rest of the paper rolls.
Serve with dipping sauce.