Start your day off with these nutrient-packed muffins. High in protein, they are also suitable as a snack or for lunch. Add a salad or loads of greens to help increase your green vegetable intake.
SERVES – 6
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk or filtered water
- 3 cups assorted roasted vegetables (pumpkin, mushroom, capsicum and zucchini)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked, half white and half black
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped 1 tablespoon fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
Preheat your over at 170 degrees.
Whisk together the eggs and milk. Combine the roasted vegetables and quinoa with the basil and parsley. Pour the milk mixture into the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until it is well blended.
For the Red Sauce, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into muffin pans and bake in the hot oven for about 30 minutes. Serve with red sauce drizzled over.
_ _ _