The combination of avocado and mango has become a bit of an Aussie classic! This easy to prepare salad is guaranteed to satisfy – high in protein and ‘good’ fats and with the right portion of low GI carbohydrate from mangoes. Bon Appétit!
SERVES – 4
- Protein: 50g per serve
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 coriander stems
- 310ml (1¼ cups) coconut milk
- 4 (about 800g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions (shallots), thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 long fresh red chilli, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Roasted cashews, chopped, to serve
Bring stock, ginger, coriander stems and 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk to a simmer in a deep frying pan on low heat. Add chicken. Cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked. Remove and set aside for 5 minutes. When cool, shred chicken.
For the dressing, combine lime juice, fish sauce, coconut sugar and remaining coconut milk in a bowl.
Combine chicken, dressing, capsicum, spring onion, chilli, half the mint and coriander leaves in a bowl. Gentle fold through avocado and mango slices. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle cashews and remaining mint and coriander over the top.