Berries signal the start of warm months ahead and of course the festive season (well in Australia anyway!). Although very small in size, berries are loaded with vitamins and minerals and potent antioxidants. They are also low in calories and high in fibre so definitely nature’s superstar!
This refreshing Berry Ice Cream contains no added sugar and is dairy free, low GI and gluten free. Simply freeze some chopped bananas and berries overnight and you have a dessert ready to whip up in minutes. Bon appétit!
SERVE – 1L
- Per scoop (100ml) = 98 calories & 7g carbohydrates
- 4 large bananas
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 large avocados
- Peel bananas and discard skin.
- Remove any bruises and then bananas into large pieces.
- Place bananas pieces into a snap lock freezer bag and freeze overnight.
- In a large processor, blend the frozen bananas until they resemble large breadcrumbs.
- Peel the avocados and remove the stone and any blemishes.
- Add the avocados to the processor and blend again, using a spatula to scrape down the sides between blends.
- Add frozen berries and blend again, using a spatula to push down the berries and scrape down the sides
- Transfer mixture to a metal cake/loaf tin or plastic freeze-proof container. Freeze your Berry Ice Cream overnight.
- Before serving, remove from freezer and let the ice cream sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Serve alone or with mixed berries.
_ _ _