As a physiotherapist and Pilates instructor at The Body Refinery, I was thrilled to be travelling to Las Vegas for the PMA conference this year again. However, travelling all the way from Australia means that I will have to endure jet lag and the discomfort of a long haul flight.
Here are my 5 top tips to ensure comfort on the flight and minimize jet lag.
- Wear something comfortable (ideally your KDW Apparel Australia and New Zealand leggings). I always travel in leggings. I find that the stretch in them means that I can find comfort in any position.
- Get a good nights sleep before you fly. Having a good nights sleep before you fly will decrease your chance to feel badly jet-lagged.
- Drink lots of water. Keep your hydration up during the flight with water. Once at your destination use water instead of coffee to have a good night sleep and feel ready the following day.
- Skip the glass of wine. This is a hard one for me, but alcohol and flying will make you dehydrated and increase your tiredness.
- Eat well. Eating for energy is important, but it’s also a good idea to schedule your meals in line with your new time zone. This will help your body adjust faster to the new time zone.
Get some sun. Once at your destination get outside and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air this will make you feel a whole lot better and allow your body to settle into the new time zone faster.
Missing your Pilates? Take your Pilates instructor with you anywhere, anytime with our online programs.
_ _ _
Written by Susan Cottrell.
Start one of our online Pilates programs and you will feel your body moving better in all the activities you do in your daily life.